Download the Report
Media executives agree: the only path forward is to diversify revenue. But how?
We worked with NAPCO Research and Adweek to ask over a hundred senior media executives about their biggest challenges and future plans for tackling them. This research revealed key insights into how media organizations are preparing for the future despite an uncertain climate.
Inside the report, you'll find:
Revealing industry statistics
- Publishers’ current breakdown of subscription revenue vs. advertising revenue
- The degree to which the industry is moving towards subscription-based or advertising-based revenue models
- Challenges publishers are facing in shifting revenue models
- The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on publishers’ revenue models
Critical lessons & advice
- Why revenue models of yesterday must evolve for success tomorrow
- The reasons publishers are placing increased emphasis on subscription models
- How publishers are preparing to handle Big Tech and walled gardens
- Ways media organizations can overcome revenue roadblocks
As a publisher, you can count on Lineup to bring you the most up-to-date industry news and research. Last year, we commissioned this report to better understand growing trends within the ever-evolving media landscape. When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, we pivoted our approach to the report to include data on how the public health crisis has further accelerated significant changes within publishing.
Earlier this year, Adweek conducted an online survey of publishers using the subscriber database of Publishing Executive. Over 100 publishing executives from companies with a minimum of $1 million in annual revenue completed the survey, which revealed valuable and current industry insights, sure to improve your understanding of today's media business climate.