Publisher joins ranks of global media brands migrating to Lineup’s Adpoint cloud solution
Boulder, Colorado, US: 26th August 2016 – Metro US, the publisher of the #1 free daily newspaper in the United States, has migrated it’s entire advertising sales function, including advertising booking, finance, and CRM to Lineup’s cloud-based SaaS Adpoint solution. The project went live on August 8th 2016.
Metro US distributes news from New York, Boston, and Philadelphia to over 3.5 million people every month across print and digital platforms. With the support of Lineup, the fastest growing provider of next-generation advertising sales technology, Metro US continues to bolster its advertising business and increase efficiencies. Adopting a cloud-based SaaS platform allows Metro US to rely less on traditional IT infrastructure and systems development to a more flexible platform that can adapt easily to the changing needs of the publishing industry.
Lineup CEO Michael Mendoza says “Metro US is using Adpoint in new ways to stay ahead of the competition. They have one of the most innovative and focused teams I have ever worked with and this is reflected in their ability to offer their readers great content in a competitive environment. By using Lineup’s cloud service, they are unlocking new ways to drive leads to the Sales Reps and improve workflow and automation in the business.”
In this confident move to the cloud, Metro US becomes the 5th self-hosting customer in just 12 months to move to Lineup’s SaaS Adpoint service. As the publishing industry continues to change at a fast pace, more and more organizations are using cloud-based solutions to help future proof their business and take advantage of emerging technologies.
Metro US CEO Yggers Mortensen says “Agile advertising management is key to Metro US’s thriving business, allowing us to serve our readers with the most engaging news and brand content on any channel. Adpoint’s mobile access further empowers our sales staff and alleviates the pressures on internal IT resource.”
Key benefits for Metro US:
- Secure Adpoint accessibility on-the-go, from on any device with internet access
- Email dispatch for proposals and order confirmations
- Self-service credit card payment processing with full visibility between finance and sales
- Reduces reliance on local IT to support in-house servers and systems
- Rapid infrastructure management and upgrades handled by Lineup with no internal resource required, including integration with PPI media’s display and classified planning systems
- 365 day, 24/7 monitoring of Adpoint availability and performance with proactive performance tuning and capacity management and access to a TEST environment
- A resilient architecture reducing the risk of downtime
Lineup’s SaaS services are provided from highly secure, highly resilient Tier 4 data centers in Europe and North America. This provides a secure and highly available service for all of our SaaS customers, certified to industry standards by independent auditors.